Monday, April 4, 2011

"My soul, wait silently for God alone"

My heart has been so overwhelmed with longing... I want these dreams to come true. Is He telling me to wait? Be patient and trust, I know... if I trust, someday I will look back and think it all came about in His timing, He kept His promises and I shouldn't have been so anxious. Sunday morning was very difficult for me... my mind was elsewhere when practicing for worship.
My car has proven to be a perfect place to seek Him. I've let out many struggles behind that driving wheel... many desperate fights and tears, even screams... I've seen the sunrise, I've watched the stars, I have worshiped and cried there more than any place in my life. It was there, that He gave me peace... even through everything and where my mind wanders, still, He is my purpose. He is what I want... and more than anything my heart longs to be with Him. My prayer that morning was an old hymn, "Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary. Pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving, I'll be a living sanctuary for You."

1 comment:

Didge said...

I love you so. It's kinda strange how a certain area develops a peace in it when it is your prayer closet. :)