Thursday, February 3, 2011

flat tire. typical.

There's definitely something about my family and bad luck with cars... this morning on the way for an interview I got a flat tire. It took the Allstate Company a little over an hour to get to me to put the spare on because I didn't have the equipment to do it myself... I'm not even sure I'd figure it out to do it myself in the first place, but I have seen a lot of tires changed in my short lifetime so I think I could handle it... maybe. So I sat in the cold, and waited... Now maybe I'm just stupid, but I find it hard to get panicked in situations like that... I just find it so hilariously pitiful. I'd like to cry, but all I can do is laugh thinking, "this would happen to me."
Peoples reactions to seeing other people stranded on the side of the road are quite interesting. They slow down as if they're thinking about stopping, they give you the most bewildered look, honk, (is that for good luck or something?) and then they keep driving... "nah, I change my mind. Here's a honk!"
So I didn't make it to the meeting. But I went by Antonietta's to see if there's the slightest chance they could be hiring this time, and I think it turned into a an interview because the manager talked to me for a long time. So, keep your fingers crossed, this girl could possibly get employed again. That is if my car doesn't decide to kick the bucket altogether.
What is with spare tires? Who invented that? Why isn't the spare tire--an actual "spare" tire instead of this puny little wheel that only gets you far enough to get a real tire?

No comments: